Introduce students to plane and solid shapes with the 40 pieces in this mini bulletin board set. Perfectly sized for use in a pocket chart or on a bulletin board, the mini posters are ideal for reinforcing important geometry concepts and academic vocabulary. When used in a math learning center, the geometric shapes, cards, and photographic images of real-world objects are perfect for helping students make connections between geometric shapes and shapes in the world around them. Perfect for grades K–2. Pieces range in size from 3 ½?x 3? to 21?x 6?
The pieces in this set are interactive teaching tools. They are great for use in small groups where students can have hands on manipulation of the pieces. They are also perfect for use under a document camera to teach/demonstrate concepts to the entire class. They also work well in a pocket chart or center to reinforce concepts already taught to the whole class.
- Parts of a three-dimensional shape
- Definitions for plane figure, solid figure, face, edge, corner/vertex
- Line of symmetry
- Composite shapes
- Partitioning shapes
- 2-D and 3-D shapes
Mini bulletin board set also includes an instructional guide with display ideas, classroom activities, and related learning standards (for content-based minis).
About Content-Based mini Bulletin Boards
- Students can use the 2-D and 3-D shape cards to help them identify shapes in the classroom during a shape scavenger hunt. Create a matching game using the shape cards and the real-world object cards.
- Use this math mini bulletin board to complement or enhance your math curriculum. Introduce math concepts and vocabulary, develop skills in learning centers, instruct small groups, teach ELL, and more!
- Set contains detailed illustrations and informative text.
- Also contains an activity guide with mini bulletin board display ideas and activities.
- This resource rovides the pictorial support needed to help nonreaders, struggling readers, and English Language Learners understand and comprehend each language arts concept.
- Optimize learning by having students experience math concepts in a variety of ways. The interactive, manipulative design of each set provides numerous ways to present information!