Help students develop a greater understanding of operations and algebraic thinking with this informative set! This mini bulletin board set reinforces the concepts of mathematical operations and algebraic thinking, demonstrates the procedure for PEMDAS, introduces different strategies for solving word problems with unknown numbers, and provides easy-to-understand descriptions of important academic vocabulary. This 15-piece set is perfect for instruction, for reference, and for supporting core learning standards for grades 3–5.
The pieces in this set are interactive teaching tools. They are great for use in small groups where students can have hands on manipulation of the pieces. They are also perfect for use under a document camera to teach/demonstrate concepts to the entire class. They also work well in a pocket chart or center to reinforce concepts already taught to the whole class.
- Pieces range in size from 6? x 4¾? to 21? x 6?
- Commutative property
- Associative property
- Distributive property
- Additive identity property
- Multiplicative identity property
- Function tables
- Order of operations (PEMDAS)
- Prime numbers
- Composite numbers
- Word problems with unknown numbers
- Fact families
- Tape diagrams
About Content-Based Mini Bulletin Boards
- Optimize learning by having students experience math concepts in a variety of ways. The interactive, manipulative design of each set provides numerous ways to present information!
- Use this math mini bulletin board to complement or enhance your math curriculum. Introduce math concepts and vocabulary, develop skills in learning centers, instruct small groups, and more!
- This resource provides the pictorial support needed to help nonreaders, struggling readers, and English Language Learners understand and comprehend each math concept.
- Set contains detailed illustrations and informative text.
- Also contains an activity guide with lesson and display ideas and related learning standards.