Turn Readers into Writers!
Good for use as a mentor text!
Written by popular children's author Rozanne Lanczak Williams, each book in this delightful collection introduces a different form of writing. These engaging tales use fun-loving characters to motivate and encourage young readers to want to write on their own. At the end of each book, a "Your Turn to Write" page provides entertaining activities designed to build K-2 writing skills. Children simply follow the example of characters in the story to create posters, journal entries, stories, friendly letters, and more! Great for ESL/ELL!
Use this invaluable resource to supplement any writing program. The Learn to Write Collection includes:
Learn to Write Resource Guide with a wealth of ideas for integrating and extending writing concepts featured in each book
- 24 of our Learn to Write full-color covers for making class books.
- 144 readers, 6 each of the following titles:
- 6174: This is My Story emphasizes the all-about-me stories writing concept
- 6175: My Picture Story emphasizes the who, what, where writing concept
- 6176: Monkey in the Story Tree emphasizes the words can make a story writing concept
- 6177: I Love to Write! emphasizes the reasons for writing writing concept
- 6178: Grandma's Lists emphasizes the writing lists writing concept
- 6179: Writing Dino-mite Poems emphasizes the writing poetry writing concept
- 6180: Tess Builds a Snowman emphasizes the writing directions writing concept
- 6181: Postcards from Barney Bear emphasizes the writing postcards writing concept
- 6182: All About Real Bears emphasizes the finding and writing facts writing concept
- 6183: Writing About Books emphasizes the responding to literature writing concept
- 6184: How Can I Get a Pet? emphasizes the persuasive writing writing concept
- 6185: Seasons emphasizes the writing with patterns writing concept.
- 6186: Two Stories, Two Friends emphasizes the friendly notes/cards writing concept
- 6187: Cat Can't Write emphasizes the generating ideas writing concept
- 6188: When You Go Walking emphasizes the note taking using the five senses writing concept
- 6189: The Author with the Fancy Purple Pen emphasizes the what good writers do writing concept
- 6190: Lost Puppy, Found Puppy emphasizes the informational writing – posters writing concept
- 6191: Cat's Fairy Tale emphasizes the beginning, middle, end writing concept
- 6192: Little Monster Becomes an Author emphasizes the writing process writing concept
- 6193: Room 9 Writes a Report emphasizes the informational writing – reports writing concept
- 6194: Emily Santos, Star of the Week emphasizes the friendly letter – voice writing concept
- 6195: Fairy Tale Mail emphasizes the friendly letter – point of view writing concept
- 6196: Special Memories emphasizes the personal journal/scrapbook writing concept
- 6197: Captain Jack's Journal emphasizes the travel journal writing concept.