Use this 19-piece Earth, Moon and Stars Mini Bulletin Board with Gr. 1 and older students to help them:
- Learn academic vocabulary relating to Earth, the Moon, and stars
- Describe what causes night and day and the seasons
- Identify the phases of the Moon and why they occur
- Comprehend what causes lunar and solar eclipses
- Learn what causes daily changes in the length and directions of shadows
- Understand the different positions of the Sun, Moon, and stars at different times of the day, month, and year.
Key concepts covered in realistic-looking illustrations:
Phases of the moon, rotation of the earth, time of day and position of the sun and Earth, north pole, south pole, solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, the sun and shadows (sunrise, midday, sunset), the sun in the northern hemisphere during the seasons, angle of suns rays during seasons and times of day, stars and seasons, Orion constellation, Earth's seasons, revolution, orbit, axis, phases of moon (first quarter, waxing crescent, new moon, waning crescent, third quarter, waning gibbous, full moon, waxing gibbous)
Mini bulletin board set also includes an instructional guide with display ideas, classroom activities, and related learning standards.
About science content-based mini bulletin boards
- Optimize learning by having students experience science concepts in a variety of ways. The interactive, manipulative design of this set provides numerous ways to present information!
- Use this science mini bulletin board to complement or enhance your science curriculum.
- Introduce science concepts and vocabulary, develop skills in learning centers, instruct small groups, and more!
- This resource provides the pictorial support needed to help nonreaders, struggling readers, and English Language Learners understand and comprehend each science concept.
- Set contains detailed illustrations and informative text.