Help students understand the meaning of the base-ten number system, learn different ways to represent and write numbers, and practice composing and decomposing numbers to 999 with this vibrant 21-piece mini bulletin board. Use the place value number slider to create numbers up to 999 for classroom instruction or student activities. Display the reference pieces in a pocket chart, on a bulletin board, or in a learning center.
The pieces in this set are interactive teaching tools. They are great for use in small groups where students can have hands on manipulation of the pieces. They are also perfect for use under a document camera to teach/demonstrate concepts to the entire class. They also work well in a pocket chart or center to reinforce concepts already taught to the whole class.
- Pieces range in size from 5 ¼" x 6" to 21" x 8"
- Place value number slider measures 10 ½" x 21"
- Composing and decomposing numbers to 999
- Different ways to represent numbers (ten frame, number bond, place value chart, base-ten blocks)
- Different ways to write numbers (standard form, word form, expanded form)
- Reading numbers to the millions place
About Content-Based mini Bulletin Boards
- Optimize learning by having students experience math concepts in a variety of ways. The interactive, manipulative design of each set provides numerous ways to present information!
- Use this math mini bulletin board to complement or enhance your math curriculum. Introduce math concepts and vocabulary, develop skills in learning centers, instruct small groups, and more!
- This resource provides the pictorial support needed to help nonreaders, struggling readers, and English Language Learners understand and comprehend each math concept.
- Set contains detailed illustrations and informative text.
- Also contains an activity guide with lesson and display ideas and related learning standards.