Research has shown that repetition is essential for the brain to learn and recall information. The engaging activities and puzzles in this book will provide your child with repeated practice of grade-level-appropriate academic vocabulary and language skills. Becoming fl uent, or automatic, with these skills helps enrich vocabulary, enhance reading fl uency, and build a strong foundation in reading comprehension, an important skill for academic success.
Upon your child’s completion of each activity, use the provided incentive chart and stickers to track progress and celebrate your child’s success.
Whether students need extra practice with grade-level skills or a head start on next year, Stick Kids® Workbooks offer engaging activities, games, and puzzles that help make learning lots of fun. Each 56-page book features full-color activities, a list of the skills, and an explanation of why those skills are important for development. Also included are helpful tips, an answer key, a handy tracking sheet, stickers for acknowledging achievements, and appearances by the lovable Stick Kids!
These right-sized (7” x 9”) skill practice workbooks are perfect for use at school, or as entertaining activities on the go. Tuck them into a backpack, purse, or travel bag. Great for school breaks, vacations, and year-long practice.
- Irregular plural nouns
- Past tense verbs
- Sight words
- Word classification
- Compound words
- Critical thinking
- Vocabulary enrichment
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT LEARNING
- Work with your child in a quiet, calm setting.
- Acknowledge your child’s progress, and respond to his or her comfort level.
- Assist your child in sounding out and reading unfamiliar words.
- Keep a positive attitude, and provide words of encouragement to support your child’s journey in becoming a lifelong learner.
- Complete some activities together to assure your child of your presence as a trusted learning partner.
- Use a dictionary to look up the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Give hints rather than solutions to particularly tricky problems.