The hundreds of hands-on activities and engaging practice pages in First Grade Essential Skills book set will strengthen the most important grade-level skills across the curriculum to equip learners for academic success.
Perfect for new teachers and homeschool families looking for a solid core of instructional materials. Also great for parents whose children need extra support or a challenge.
- Math—number sense, operations, fractions, place value, measurement, money, geometric figures, telling time, problem solving
- Grammar—sentence structure, writing mechanics, parts of speech, word choice,
- Reading comprehension—understanding text features and context, reading with a purpose in mind, making connections to prior knowledge, thinking critically about what they read, using graphic organizers
- Handwriting—daily handwriting practice to improve the speed and legibility of children’s manuscript handwriting (printing)
- STEAM—lessons that prompt learners to apply science, technology, engineering, arts, and math concepts to design solutions to read-world problems
Math Minutes (2583)
Grammar Minutes (6119)
Chalkboard Daily Reading Comprehension (8181)
- 8 ½" x 10 15/16"
- 120 pages
Chalkboard Daily Printing Practice (8205)
STEAM Design Challenges (8208)
Not packaged for retail.