Close Reading Mini Bulletin Board, Gr. 3-5
Help students understand what it means to be a close reader with the 21 pieces in this informative set. Use the pieces to introduce students to reading strategies that will enable them to gain a deeper understanding of a text by asking text-dependent questions and expressing their comprehension using evidence-based terms. Work together as a class to closely read and further investigate a text using the text annotation cards. Use the content-rich pieces for instruction, for reference, and to support core learning standards!
The pieces in this set are interactive teaching tools. They are great for use in small groups where students can have hands on manipulation of the pieces. They are also perfect for use under a document camera to teach/demonstrate concepts to the entire class. They also work well in a pocket chart or center to reinforce concepts already taught to the whole class.
- Perfect for grades 3–5.
- Pieces range in size from 6″ x 5¼″ to 21″ x 6″
- What close readers do
- What to look for and do during the first, second, and third readings of a text
- Evidence-based terms
- Text-dependent questions
- Text annotations
Tip: Use the Evidence-Based Terms card to spark a class discussion about additional evidence-based terms that students can use when discussing a text after reading closely. Create a bulletin board display featuring these student-generated terms.
About Content-Based Mini Bulletin Boards
- Optimize learning by having students experience language arts concepts in a variety of ways. The interactive, manipulative design of each set provides numerous ways to present information!
- Use this language arts mini bulletin board to complement or enhance your language arts curriculum. Introduce language arts concepts and vocabulary, develop skills in learning centers, instruct small groups, and more!
- This resource provides the pictorial support needed to help nonreaders, struggling readers, and English Language Learners understand and comprehend each language arts concept.
- Set contains detailed illustrations and informative text.
- Also contains an activity guide with lesson and display ideas and related learning standards.