Advantage Phonics, Gr. 2, eBook
High-Interest Skill Building for Home and School!
Strong skill instruction with 100 easy-to-use activities and tips that help make practice independent. With added instructions, these are also great for home use! Great for ESL/ELL! Each book also features
- scaffolded instruction for immediate independent reading
- a "Get Ahead" feature that focuses on sight words
- review pages at the end of each unit that offer mixed-skill practice
- "Take a Test Drive" pages that provide test-taking practice
- a fun puzzle at the end of each unit to reward success
- a tracking sheet that gives students a sense of accomplishment
The Advantage Phonics Series helps prepare children for reading instruction. It offers strong skill instruction along with motivational features in an easy-to-use format. As outlined in the federally mandated No Child Left Behind Act, a research-based reading curriculum should include five key components:
- phonemic awareness
- vocabulary development
- reading fluency
- reading comprehension
While this series addresses several of these essential components, it most clearly focuses on phonics instruction –helping children connect the sounds of language to the written symbols that represent them.
Skill Review and Reinforcement
If you choose a grade-level book equal to the grade your child is currently in or has just finished, use the book to:
- reinforce skills being taught in the classroom throughout the year
- keep your child's skills fresh over the summer
Extra Challenge and Enrichment
If you choose a grade level book beyond the grade your child is currently in or has just finished, use the book to:
- provide enrichment and an extra challenge during the school year
- give your child a summer preview of what's to come in school next year
Whether you use this resource for your child to practice familiar skills or to learn new ones, the extra advantage will make a difference!