Advantage Math, Gr. 5
High-Interest Skill Building for Home and School!
Strong skill instruction with 100 easy-to-use activities and tips that help make practice independent. This book also features
- scaffolded instruction for immediate independent reading
- review pages at the end of each unit that offer mixed-skill practice
- "Take a Test Drive" pages that provide test-taking practice
- a fun puzzle at the end of each unit to reward success
- a tracking sheet that gives students a sense of accomplishment.
The Advantage Math Series helps prepare students to better understand mathematics and acquire and apply the skills they need to solve problems they encounter in their daily lives. Students will receive instruction and practice in key skills for all strands of the national curriculum math standards, including:
- numeration and number theory
- measurement, patterns, functions, and algebra
- data analysis and probability
- problem solving.
The series offers strong skill instruction along with motivational features in an easy-to-use format.
Skill Review and Reinforcement
If you choose a grade-level book equal to the grade your child is currently in or has just finished, use the book to:
- reinforce skills being taught in the classroom throughout the year
- keep your child's skills fresh over the summer
Extra Challenge and EnrichmentIf you choose a grade level book beyond the grade your child is currently in or has just finished, use the book to:
- provide enrichment and an extra challenge during the school year
- give your child a summer preview of what's to come in school next year
Whether you use this resource for your child to practice familiar skills or to learn new ones, the extra advantage will make a difference!