Research has shown that repetition is essential for the brain to learn and recall information. Furthermore, children have a tendency to repeat activities they enjoy. The engaging mazes in this book will provide your child with repeated practice of grade-level-appropriate math and
beginning language skills. Continued practice helps develop a strong understanding of basic math and early reading skills, both concepts necessary for early academic success.
Upon your child’s completion of each activity, use the provided incentive chart and stickers to track progress and celebrate your child’s success.
Whether students need extra practice with grade-level skills or a head start on next year, Stick Kids® Workbooks offer engaging activities, games, and puzzles that help make learning lots of fun. Each 56-page book features full-color activities, a list of the skills, and an explanation of why those skills are important for development. Also included are helpful tips, an answer key, a handy tracking sheet, stickers for acknowledging achievements, and appearances by the lovable Stick Kids!
These right-sized (7” x 9”) skill practice workbooks are perfect for use at school, or as entertaining activities on the go. Tuck them into a backpack, purse, or travel bag. Great for school breaks, vacations, and year-long practice.
- Letter recognition
- Letter-sound relationships
- Uppercase and lowercase letters
- Consonant blends—two or three consonant letters blended together so that each consonant sound can be heard in the blend (br–broom, fl–flip, st–stop, pl–play)
- Numbers 1 to 20
- Counting by 5s and 10s
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT LEARNING
- Assist with picture identification and sounding out words.
- Provide helpful hints rather than solutions.
- Have your child lightly trace maze paths first in pencil and then in the color of his or her choice.
- Provide a selection of writing tools, such 7as pencils, markers, crayons, and colored pencils, to keep the activities engaging.