Many animals performed for the Queen, but only the giraffe made her laugh!
- Reading fluency
- Reading comprehension
- Word families
- Vowel digraphs /ow/, as in cow
- Word family -at, as in cat and sat
- Word family -eep, as in sheep and sleep
||Related Learning Skills
- Recognizing a sequence of events
- Recognizing words that rhyme, such as giraffe and laugh
- Recognizing action words (verbs), such as laugh and sleep
From the best-selling Learn to Read series
Teachers and parents the world over can't be wrong! This popular and time-tested series has sold more than 20 million copies. Instill the love of reading and build self-confidence in young readers with these lively stories.
Tied to content subject areas including math, science, and social studies, the 108 leveled readers in the series make the perfect compliment to any beginning reading program. Increase fluency, build vocabulary, and improve sight word knowledge with natural language, strong picture support, and easy-to-read repetitive text all while helping young readers master important early learning concepts tied directly to Common Core standards.
This book is available in print and digital format. For the print version, please add the quantity to the cart above. For the digital version, please click the iBookstore logo to purchase in the Apple Store.
The features in our new iBooks engage children and change the way they interact with their favorite stories. The lively stories and fun themes entice the emergent reader and the parent with the colorful illustrations and interactive Echo Chant to read along.
iBook key features include:
- Optional word-by-word- highlighting synched with narration
- Ability to turn pages by swiping
- Animation on first and last pages of the story
- Tips for reading with kids
- Opportunity for children to read text again with interactive Echo Chant
*For the digital copy, please click the iBookstore logo. To view more information on Apple Pricing, click here.