Motivational Reading and Writing Activities Across the Curriculum
Meaningful child-centered activities, simple directions, and a teacher-friendly format. 40 activities with hundreds of variations for quality seatwork.
Alternatives to Worksheets is just what every teacher needs— a resource book with hundreds of meaningful and motivating activities that students can work on independently. Now you and your students will never be at a loss for exciting and challenging projects.
A welcome change of pace from worksheets, these activities will raise student involvement to new levels and generate genuine enthusiasm for learning. You will love the imaginative alternatives described in this book and so will your students. These activities:
- Are adaptable to any theme
- Increase student involvement and motivation
- Require students to apply skills, not just circle answers and fill in blanks
- Emphasize written expression
- Promote critical thinking
- Allow all students to experience success
- Encourage creative expression
- Require minimal teacher preparation